The first North School was built as a four-room schoolhouse in 1874 at Perry Street and River Road, where Shop & Save is located today. In 1894, an addition expanded the school to eight classrooms.
In 1952, the current North School opened and the old school was torn down about five years later.
open since 1874
All of the historical information of the CCSD62 schools was generously provided by the Des Plaines History Center.
Go to their website below to learn more about Des Plaines history!