Skip To Main Content

Header Holder

Canvas Menus

Horizontal Nav


Our Story

The first North School was built as a four-room schoolhouse in 1874 at Perry Street and River Road, where Shop & Save is located today. In 1894, an addition expanded the school to eight classrooms.

In 1952, the current North School opened and the old school was torn down about five years later.

The original four-room North School, circa 1874-1894

North School students with married teachers John Quincy Adams and May Adams, 1882 or 1883

North School with its 1894 addition, photo likely taken circa 1900-1910

open since 1874

All of the historical information of the CCSD62 schools was generously provided by the Des Plaines History Center. 

Go to their website below to learn more about Des Plaines history!

Des Plaines History Center Website

North School students and teacher, circa 1890s

North School eighth grade class, 1901

Mrs. Week’s fourth grade class, 1905-1906 school year

Miss Hodgins' first grade class in front of classroom play house, 1947

Miss Hodgins' first grade class, North School, May 8, 1947